Sunday, August 22, 2010

Are there any real work at home data entry and typing jobs and where?

as a single dad i need another source of income I am looking for something online like data entry or typing, proofreading etc.

Are there any real work at home data entry and typing jobs and where?
Most people who work at home and are successful are doing one of two things - getting paid a commission on everyone they convince to join the program (also known as MLM or pyramid plans) OR they have their own business. Your own business is something you create yourself, not find on the internet. You create it based on your skills, your passions not on what someone else tells you is the GREATEST thing going.





If you are looking at one of the endless "opportunities" out there be careful - most are scams. Here are a few questions you should ask to help figure out if the one you are looking at is for real or not.





Legitimate work-at-home program should tell you - in writing - what's involved in the program they are selling. Here are some questions you might ask:





* What tasks will I have to perform? (Ask the program to list every step of the job.)


* Will I be paid a salary or will my pay be based on commission?


* Who will pay me?


* When will I get my first paycheck?


* What is the total cost of the work-at-home program, including supplies, equipment and membership fees?


* What will I get for my money?
Reply:I ended up out of work due to a job injury, and went through this process looking for legitimate work online. Although I did find some legit companies to help me find work, it cost too much to continue with them. You can try looking into www.freelanceworkexchange.com or www.sologig.com.





In the long run, what did work out best for me in doing this type of work was doing pick up work for various printing companies around town. I went to the companies and introduced myself to the various personel/hiring/office managers as a freelance data entry/graphic arts professional offering my services for jobs they would normally hire temp agency personel for. My arguement to support my position was that thier cost to hire me was less than the cost the agencies. The benefit to me was, I could charge more for my services, and being self-employed at home in this manner provided me with a lot of tax breaks. But use your imagination, and don't be afraid to try it. I got a lot of refusals, but once I had one job, more started to come in. I eventually sold my business to a neighbor woman with 3 children who lost her job when her husband ran off. She now has a staff of 15 working for her. Best of luck to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment