Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How can I add checkboxes to a form for data entry in Microsoft Access?

I am creating a leads database for my work and I would like to track which products my leads are interested in. I would like to one checkbox for each product that I sell (there are 8) so that if a customer is interested in three of them I can check off which they are and then have the data saved in my master table? Are they any Access gurus out there?

How can I add checkboxes to a form for data entry in Microsoft Access?
In your table design, add fields for each of your 8 products. If you already have this, then go to your form. Add 8 checkboxes to your form. Then from the Properties window (right click on the checkbox and choose "Properties" or click the little window-like shaped icon in the toolbar) set the data source to one of the product fields of your table. Make sure you change the label for each checkbox to match your data source so that you know which is which.


No comments:

Post a Comment