Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Please help!!!What is the difference between a secretary and a data entry clerk?

Also in terms of Pay which is higher? See what my problem is that I was hired as a Data Entry Clerk. I been here for one year and half but I feel like am doing secretary work. I answer phone, make copies, etc. If that was the case I didn't know I will be switching into secretary. My paycheck still says Clerk, so what the hell. I feel like I am not getting paid enough. How do I know if they were suppose to change my title or raise my pay.

Please help!!!What is the difference between a secretary and a data entry clerk?
First of all, we no longer use the term SECRETARY.


We reference them as Administrative Assistant. They usually get paid a little higher than Data Entry Clerk. Data Entry clerks usually stick to just processing data, entering data, etc. Administrative Assistants normally answer the phone, set up meetings, and they pretty much ASSIST the manager in everything he or she does. They have a lot of responsibilies so I would ask your boss if you can change your title and if you can get the expected raise for that title, because obviously youre doing a lot more work than data entry clerks.
Reply:Sounds like you should talk to your boss about the your future in the company. Figure out what you want (a promotion, a pay raise or better hours) and ask for it...you desire it!


No comments:

Post a Comment